Thursday, February 25, 2016

"Hour of Code" Results: Keeping My Day Job

Here are the results of my experience with the "Hour of Code" on Khan Academy. I thought I'd give it a go before we continued to discuss including it as an option for the final project. I'll walk you through my hour, and you can decide what you think.


Starting the Tutorial.


She wants to play, not code.

Got it right.
Having trouble.
I finished the hour. It took a whole hour. The thought process needed for coding is very mathematical. Not sure people will like it. Also, like math, it would take lots and lots of practice to get good at it. Here is the fabulous code I wrote to create my first solo masterpiece. It's a selfie:


 And here's the result! I decided to smile, because the code for duckface was beyond my capabilities.

Based on this experience, I think Dr. Zamora's idea of trying new software and documenting the process might be a good path to consider. Focusing on final product, mmmmaybe not. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! First of all, your dog!! Too cute :)
    I'm so excited to try this for myself now. Based on your experience I think that the best way to approach the project is going to be through documenting the process through learning. I love the selfie, hah. I'm definitely nervous about the math part of this. I'll keep you updated with how my attempts go!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete